Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A New Year, A Fresh Start

Just when I felt like I was getting some momentum with all things PaperCraft Princess last spring, and working hard to get some routines going and the Etsy store stocked, everything came to an unceremonious halt. I had a big party looming heavy on my mind and burdening my schedule. As if that wasn't enough Party #1 was to be followed by Party #2 - a smaller party in terms of guest list and budget, but not in terms of planning and details. These were the graduation and promotion parties for my two kids. My son (and eldest child) graduated high school and we threw a large-ish costume party. My daughter (and youngest child, since I only have the two) was done with middle school and wanted a Phantom of the Opera themed formal event (so also a costume party).

Frankly, there was just too much to do. It was all I could do to stay on top of household projects and party planning, purchases and projects. Etsy went by the side. The blogs went by the side. (Though you can see a few pics from both parties on my other blog: Grad Party and Opera Party.)

So here it is 2012 and I am ready for (yet another) fresh start. One of the unplanned projects I started last summer was a scrap space re-do. After removing most of the furnishings from our living room for the first party to make room for a dance floor, it seemed like perfect timing for re-painting. That in turn led to purchasing my dream storage piece, an Expedit wall unit from IKEA.

My re-designed (but not yet organized) scrap space

So, now I'm on my way to more efficient, streamlined crafting and working. However, the purge/organize part is still a work-in-progress. So, I'm taking that on in little chunks.

I'll leave you with a great blog post from Beth Dargis at My Simpler Life. It's all about decluttering storage areas. This is my next Big Project. Gotta tackle that storage space so the long term stuff has a place of its own. I'm reminded of that saying that "you gotta break eggs to make an omelette".

If all goes as planned, you'll start to see more shaking and baking here at the PaperCraft Princess blog as well as at my little neglected Etsy shop.

No comments: